Posted On: Oct 11th, 2018
The Global CALM Program is an international initiative to train clinicians in CALM therapy, gather evidence about the implementation of CALM in diverse settings, and to make CALM a standard of care for people facing metastatic and advanced cancer throughout the world.
On June 4, 2018 leaders of the Global CALM Program gathered from Chile, China, Australia, the United States, Canada, England, the Netherlands, and South Korea to confirm and discuss the establishment and implementation of:
- The Global CALM Program and the Global CALM Community;
- The development of regional networks and hubs for CALM implementation;
- Confirm program objectives and timelines;
- Discuss research and the central coordination of data collection.
The day was an open discussion among participants to ask questions, provide feedback on the blueprint developed by the Toronto team, and confirm a plan for the next three years.
The following centres are partening with GIPPEC in the Global CALM Program:
- Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands led by Dr. Froukje de Vries
- Beijing Cancer Hospital, Beijing, China led by Dr. Lili Tang
- Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, Canada led by Dr. Janet de Groot
- Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, South Korea led by Dr. Jungmin Woo
- University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy led by Drs. Luigi Grassi & Rosangela Caruso
- University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China led by Dr. Wendy Lam
- University Medical Centre Leipzig & University Medical Centre Hamburg, Germany led by Dr. Anja Mehnert
- Champalimaud Clinical Centre, Lisbon, Portugal led by Dr. Luzia Travado
- University College London in collaborationg with King's College, London, England led by Dr. Sue Gessler
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia led by Dr. Olivia Wong
- Virginia Commonwealth University Massey Cancer Centre, Richmond, United States led by Dr. Ashlee Loughan
- Instituto Nacional dal Cancer, Santiago, Chile led by Dr. Claudia Acevedo
- National Cancer Centre Hospital, Tokyo, Japan led by Dr. Ken Shimizu
- BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada led by Dr. Alan Bates
If you are interested in learning more about the Global CALM Program, please contact us.